Happy Holidays and welcome to the December 2018 issue of the GSInsider! You'll find great educational content, including tips & tricks, industry news & insights, trends, how-to's, videos, upcoming webcasts, what's new with the GSI Family and more!
Our educational content starts with our free educational webcasts that we hold each week on topics related to JD Edwards. You can check out our schedule and register by visiting JD Edwards Webcasts. You can also access our on-demand webcasts by visiting On-Demand Webcasts.
Cait Velazquez, Marketing Coordinator
Recently, JD Edwards rolled out their 9.2.3 Tools Release! Below is a video from Bob Monahan, VP of Product Management at Oracle JD Edwards, where he discusses the new Tools Release. There are great new capabilities involving Orchestrator, notifications, form extensibility, and platform level enhancements.
View Bob’s Overview of the 9.2.3 Tools Release
Accounts payable has a well-earned reputation as the quintessential back-office function.
Most accounts payable professionals toil away day after day receiving, processing and paying invoices, with little time for value-added activities. In fact, 84 percent of the typical accounts payable practitioner’s time is consumed by heads-down tasks such as data entry and paper shuffling and filing, leaving only 16 percent of their day for valuable functions such as data analysis, supplier management, and vendor master cleanup, the Institute for Finance and Management (IOFM) reports.
This leaves a major opportunity for data errors and missing invoices and lack of opportunity to leverage all that JD Edwards has to offer in analytical tools.
In a security project, there are 2 main types of client personnel that will be critical to the success of the project: Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Project Drivers. In this article, I will describe the groups that normally make up the SMEs and Project Drivers, as well as areas to watch for that could turn these assets into project distractors. It is important to identify these important players and leverage their talents to help the project go as smoothly as possible.
RadView, which powers the GENISYS performance testing tool, has released a new version of the WebLOAD software which brings with it an updated graphical skin and some improved functionality. Added cloud vendor support for Load Generators opens the door for cloud-based performance testing for companies with multiple locations spread across states and countries.
Some of the key features of the new build:
• WebLOAD Cloud – send notification on test status
• Advanced test scheduling
• Load Generators support for AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and others
• Raw Data support
With Oracle 22.214.171.124 going off of free extended support on December 31st, 2018, and Oracle 126.96.36.199 on July 31st, 2019, a lot of database upgrades to Oracle 12.2 have been completed, planned, or are in progress. One of the things often overlooked is installing the newer Oracle client software on application servers to replace the existing older version of Oracle client software. This whitepaper is meant to guide you through the 12.2 client installation along with the installation options, that usually satisfies most application needs.