Flexera-BMC Remedy Integration
GSI provides a comprehensive integration between BMC Remedy ITSM Service Managment Suite and Flexera Data Platform (previously BDNA). This tool extracts normalized configuration items (CI) data from Flexera Data Platform and imports the CIs and relationships into the configuiration managment database (CMDB). Flexera Data Platform can normalize data from x number of data sources, while GSI’s integration provides one single integration point into x number of data sets in the CMDB. This eliminates the need to have a separate integration for each data source. The integration can update existing CIs with Normalized Product Categorization data from Flexera if using a product with a built-in CMDB integration such as ADDM.
- Runs in Atrium Integrator.
- Imports normalized CI data into Atrium
- Maintains the Product Catalog data automatically, using the Normalized Product Categorization data from Technopedia.
- Only imports Product Catalog data that’s being used by CIs, and does not import the whole Technopedia Catalog.
- Product Suites are imported as well.
The integration maintains the Product Catalog data automatically, using the Normalized Product Categorization data from Technopedia. The integration only imports Product Catalog data that’s being used by CIs, and does not import the whole Technopedia Catalog, which is huge. Product Suites are imported as well. BMC Normalization Engine jobs aren’t needed as the data being imported is already normalized and the Product Catalog is kept up-to-date.