Cloud Value Assessment (CVA)
If your company wants to enjoy the benefits of ERP systems, then you should move all of your I.T. systems to the cloud since you can see reduced costs and increased efficiencies. Your cloud-based I.T. systems are an essential part of your company’s structure so you should have a plan in place to ensure each stage of the process is successfully completed.
SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS all have different needs for security, performance, reliability, and management that you will need to consider when moving each to the cloud. Each aspect of cloud computing needs to be considered and evaluated.
Adapting to a continually changing market means that your company needs a flexible option to meet the needs of your customers and business goals. You need to stay ahead of technology trends to ensure your business model maximizes profits and growth.
Meet The Cloud Value Assessment For Your Company Needs
ERP is business management software that can help your organization make full use of integrated applications across your company. This is because ERP connects into each facet of all operations like product planning, manufacturing processes, and even sales and marketing.
ERP is cross-functional, and because of this, you need a way to ensure your systems are communicating correctly with internal business processes and software modules. You should consider the needs of each department and how system data will be processed.
To help you maximize resources, our team can help you identify gaps in system operations and improve information flow throughout all business functions.
A Cloud Value Assessment (“CVA”) is an exclusive GSI offering that provides you with a Cloud Migration Strategy/Roadmap that is in complete alignment with your business goals.
- We look at all things “Cloud” – IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, ITaaS or can focus on one workload or a specific grouping of workloads.
- Answers the questions as to whether the movement of workloads to the cloud is suitable for their current and future business needs.
- Includes a thorough assessment of the current state of each workload (costs, scalability, support/skills, security needs/risks).
- Evaluate public cloud, private cloud, multi-cloud and hybrid cloud options
- Utilizes GSI’s gSuccess Methodology to build a roadmap to provide a targeted migration strategy to “move and improve” with a full analysis of ROI and TCO, and future state support models.
Cloud Adoption Journey Roadmap
Migrating systems to the cloud offer several benefits, but the process can also open your company to potential risks if not done correctly. This is why our team has developed a comprehensive system to help decision makers and I.T. teams migrate applications to the cloud.
Our consultants work with companies that need comparable service provided by their in-house I.T. team, but also need outside help to transfer their systems to the cloud. Moving operations to the cloud can change internal and external KPIs, so if you fail to migrate applications to the cloud correctly, you could see higher costs and loc of business.
Preparing For Cloud Migrations
The first step of a successful migration is to assess your current workloads to determine what applications your data can efficiently run in the cloud environment. During this phase, you should consider if you want your data to be housed in a public, private, or hybrid environment.
Your company will also need to determine applications that you do not want to run on the cloud. These considerations also include user connections to and interacting with specific applications since all factors can impact performance issues with your cloud workload. Here are a few items you will also need to consider as you prepare your systems to work on the cloud:
- Identify workloads to be included in the assessment (applications, infrastructure, middleware, etc.)
- Determine scope and business processes to be included
- Outline “pre-work” for client team to ensure productive outcomes from the CVA
- Deliver and review the findings and recommendations
- Present Cloud Migration Roadmap
- Prioritized Scope
- High-Level Timeline
- High-Level Estimate
- Provide ROI and TCO Analysis
- Provide Risk Mitigation Strategy
- Identify future support needs
Executing Cloud Migrations
The level of service provided by cloud-based systems should exceed or equal the level of service offered with prior solutions. Your company should choose a solution based on previous agreements and needs from the Preparation Stage of cloud migration.
Assuming operations and the migration process makes sense for your business, you should look at additional business factors to determine if the migration makes sense for your business goals. Obtaining Executive support is essential before making any progress, and here are a few items that you should discuss with key decision makers to get their support:
- Review goals / objectives / areas for improvement with Client Subject Matter Experts
- Evaluate workloads and/or the group of workloads that the client considers moving to cloud
- Identify inefficiencies in the use of the applications and supporting platforms
- Perform skills inventory/assessment
- Identify/document risks
Executing system migration to the cloud is difficult, and you should only work with a team of professionals that have successfully delivered projects similar to yours. Our group implements an approach that follows a transparent methodology, and we offer on-the-fly development services. This means that you will have the best solutions no matter what might pop up during migrations.
Cloud Migration FAQ & Other Information
What is the Duration?
Typically a 2-3 week process based on the number of workloads to be analyzed. Client and SW vendor participation is required.
What Are the Deliverables?
- Documented Findings and Recommendations
- Cloud Migration Roadmap
- Prioritized Scope
- High Level Timeline
- High Level Estimate
- ROI and TCO Analysis
- Risk Mitigation Strategy
- Future State Support Needs