Managed Services - AppCare
Constellation Brands was founded in 1945 by Marvin Sands as a small, family-owned wine company in Canandaigua, New York. Since that time, Constellation has focused on building sustainable growth by staying true to the core values and small business philosophies that are the cornerstone of their inspiring heritage and foundation. Today, Constellation is the world’s leading premium wine company. Constellation is an S&P 500 Index and Fortune 1000 company with approximately 4,300 employees, sales in 125 countries and operations at approximately 30 facilities.
The Challenges - Focus to be on JD Edwards
- Constellation was going through an extensive JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system upgrade and consolidation and didn’t have the internal resources to manage a global implementation of EnterpriseOne.
- Training requirements to bring the internal IT team up to speed to support the system were not practical.
- Constellation needed to focus on mission-critical issues rather than technical issues
- Reduce the overall IT management burden while retaining control of strategic decision making.
- Work with a pro-active partner that could guide them through strategic decisions and not just one that would be reactive to support requirements.
Solution - JD Edwards Focus
- Adding a BSSV Server to their existing EnterpriseOne system provided the required solution.
- The BSSV Solution was placed into Production and tasked with handling all credit card transactions for online retail orders.
- The BSSV Solution has been bulletproof since go-live and now handles all credit card transactions for the entire company. This amounts to approximately 60% of their revenue.
- During the 7 months since go-live of the BSSV server into Production, the system has only been offline once due to maintenance of Windows patching.
- Customer is now considering converting other interfaces to BSSV. This includes integration with their shipping partners.
The Project - Focus to be on JD Edwards
- GSI acts as an extension of the Constellation IT team to support a very complex global system.
- Constellation found a significant reduction in the support required to maintain their solution by working with GSI.
- GSI went from supporting a legacy ERP solutions to a single, global implementation handling all Constellation users.
- The project highlighted GSI’s capability of delivering support for a large global organization.
- GSI delivered invaluable support from its expert CNC staff with an average of over 15+ years of JD Edwards experience as well as multiple industry and technical certifications (JDE CNC, JDE Technical, JDE Functional, VMware, Oracle RAC, IBM iSeries, PMP/ITIL, Oracle/MS SQL DBMS Certified, CPA, CPIM, APICS, etc.).
- GSI established processes and procedures based on best practices to simplify maintenance and support of the overall system.
GSI, Inc. is a JD Edwards full-service application, development, and technology company and Oracle Platinum Partner. The client-centric consultancy offers a comprehensive suite of solutions including AppCare, a 24/7 managed service for JDE, DBMS, and OS care, as well as RapidReconciler®, its inventory reconciliation software acquired from Andrews Consulting Group. GSI consulting services are backed by its signature 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Founded in 2004, the rapidly growing company is headquartered in Atlanta with locations nationwide.