The ease of use, integration and flexibility of an application offers important extensions to a company’s brand. By taking the power of JD Edwards (JDE) and repackaging it into a simple task-oriented custom application, makes the company a valued asset to its customers and partners.
Organizations that use JDE software have invested heavily in their applications to provide efficient and comprehensive support for their business processes. However, access to JDE is often restricted to a limited number of users within the organization. Often the JDE applications are completely unavailable to customers, suppliers and others outside the organization. Barriers of cost, licensing, connectivity, usability and availability often prohibited the wide-spread access to JDE. Those barriers no longer exist. Today, JDE customers can give secure, easy-to-use access to anyone within the organization as well as people outside the organization, such as customers, suppliers and agents.
GSI helps companies leverage the power of their existing JDE applications and puts it in the hands of all those who need it. GSI connects companies with its users (employees, customers, agents and partners) through the use of web services and front end web applications.
Technical Approach - Usable Web Based Interface
In order to extend JDE to a broad base of users who are not trained in JDE, a web based front end interface is imperative. This interface must be intuitive and focused specifically on the tasks required by the user. Whereas, the JDE screens are designed for trained users who need access to all functionality within JDE, the interface for casual users should be focused, simple and intuitive. For example, a customer facing site for placing orders should incorporate a simple Google-like search for finding products and a standard shopping cart interface for purchasing products. The front end web application that presents the interface resides on a web application server and can be written in any web enabled language including Java and .NET. It can be written to support any web enabled device including mobile devices.
Custom Development Services
- Technical Architecture Development
- Legacy Application Conversions
- Web/Client Server
- Project Management
- Software Configuration Management
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Enterprise Information Portals (EIP)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Programs
- Functional Analysis
- Database Administration
- IT Staff Augmentation
Benefits of Becoming a "Connected" Business
- Accessibility of application information and functionality for those who need it
- Leverage the company's investment in existing software applications
- Real time information and functionality delivered directly to those who need it
- Intuitive interfaces for casual users of core systems
- Transparency – build trust with customers through open communication of information
- High impact, high visibility, low risk projects that are affordable and completed in weeks