Answer Business Questions in Real-time With NetSuite SuiteAnalytics
NetSuite SuiteAnalytics provides real-time Saved Searches, Reporting, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Dashboard and Workbook features that are built into the NetSuite solution. Analytics are the basis of any important business decision. With the right metrics, business can be confident that the choices they make to grow are substantiated by accurate and timely information. Better yet, when used properly, analytics enable businesses to recognize patterns that can predict and work towards the best possible outcomes.
Dashboard content is displayed in a variety of portlets, dynamic data display windows. Some portlets provide direct access to raw data, and others display data that has been synthesized into critical business metrics, such as key performance indicators (KPIs), performance scorecards, trend graphs, chart-based workbooks, and report snapshots. Other portlets enable you to display data from website RSS feeds.
With NetSuite SuiteAnalytics Workbook, you can create highly customizable workbooks that combine datasets, tables, pivot tables, and charts using a single tool that leverages the new analytics data source. The analytics data source is designed to ensure that fields are consistently exposed in Workbook, with consistent results across all workbook visualizations. Additionally, support for multilevel joins has been added to Workbook, enabling you to author workbooks and datasets using field data from multiple record types, including custom records. Custom formula fields are also supported in Workbook, so you can create and add fields with dynamically calculated values to your workbooks. Finally, Workbook also offers multiple display options for hierarchical fields, so you can easily view data for fields with parent-child relationships.
NetSuite provides a variety of search tools that you can use to retrieve real-time data from your account. You can search for a single record by keywords, return a set of records that match filters you define, customize the display of search results, export results to other applications, email results to other users, and save search definitions for reuse.
Use the following methods to quickly find specific records:
- Global Search: You can enter keywords in the Search field, located at the top of every NetSuite page, to search your entire account for matching records. Prefix your keywords with the first few letters of a record type and a colon to narrow results.
- Quick Find Links: You can click a Quick Find icon in the header of many individual records to quickly find a record of the same type.
- Quick Search Portlet: You can add a portlet to your dashboard, where you can enter keywords to return records with matching names or IDs.
Use the following methods to return a set of records of a selected type, with values that match filters you have defined.
- Simple Search: To run a simple search, go to Reports > New Search and choose the type of records you want to find. On the search page that opens, you can filter retrieved records by one or more field values.
- Advanced Search.: You can shift to advanced search mode by checking the Use Advanced Search box on a search page. On this page, you can filter records by formulas containing SQL expressions, and by join field values in related records, and you can sort results and group them into summary calculations.
NetSuite includes a variety of reporting capabilities that you can use to retrieve, present, and analyze real-time business results. You can run prebuilt reports as is, or modify them by setting per-user preferences, selecting per-report viewing options, or defining custom reports in the Report Builder tool.
When enabled, the SuiteAnalytics Connect Service, also referred to as the Connect Service, lets you archive, analyze, and report on NetSuite data using a third-party tool or any custom-built application on any type of device using a Windows, Linux, or OS X operating system. If your company elects to enable the Connect Service, NetSuite offers ODBC, JDBC, and ADO.NET drivers that you can download, install, and use to connect to the Connect Service.
If GSI can assist with any of your NetSuite needs, please visit NetSuite services.